Need a simple-yet-delicious frosting recipe?
Light, airy, and oh-so-creamy? Sugary but not tooth-achingly sweet?
You’ve stumbled across the correct blog post, my friends.
The best part about this frosting is that it requires all of five (maybe six) ingredients!
Let’s get to it!
What you’ll need…
- 3/4 cup butter (or 1 & 1/2 sticks), softened
- 2 & 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. cream (heavy, half and half; milk will work, but it’s better to use a heavier cream)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Take the softened butter and, using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until light and creamy.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla with the mixer beating on low speed until well-blended. Add in salt to taste. If frosting is too thin, add in more powdered sugar; if too thick, add in more cream. Play around with it until you reach your desired consistency. Beat well for another two-three minutes.
- Beat in the food coloring, if desired, and spread on top of whatever you’d like!
Shown here on the Frosted & Sprinkled Sugar Cookie Bars (festive, no?)
Adapted from this recipe here.