I have some new obsessions.
One – Once Upon a Time. It seems like every summer I find some TV show that’s been on for years and I then decide to watch every episode ever made within a matter of
weeks months. Last year it was Doctor Who, this year it’s Once Upon a Time. It’s like fantasy-slash-fairytale-slash-crime show-slash-awesomeness. Seriously. Check it out. 😉
Two – Dancing with the Stars (particularly Meryl & Maks). Oh my goodness. They did such a good job of revamping that show. I haven’t paid attention for a couple of years and this season just…Meryl and Maks…perfection. Nothing more needs to be said.
Three – The songs Rather Be by Clean Bandit & Human by Christina Perri. Ahhh. I’ve been listening to them on repeat for the last couple of days using my brand-spankin’-new Beats headphones that my fabulous Aunt Kate gave me. They’re cherry red and amazeballs! Listen to the songs, though. You won’t be sorry!
Back to the nachos at hand.
Crisp apples + caramel + chocolate syrup + graham crackers + cinnamon = Deliciousness!
Like many things, you could look at these two ways. They’re a really healthy dessert or a somewhat indulgent snack. Either way, they’re delicious!
Lemme tell you somethin’ about these.
Making them was too simple. Getting them to be this photogenic? Ha. I originally tried hot fudge instead of chocolate syrup, ’cause you know, hot fudge, but no, it didn’t want to drizzle. The caramel did! But no the fudge. And then the syrup came out all gloopy and I had to clean off the apples and…yeah. But I think they turned out nicely! 🙂
They’re light, sugary, and somewhat healthy–what’s not to like? 😉 And the topping possibilities are endless–I’d love to try these with some melted peanut butter & chocolate, maybe some mini chocolate chips, marshmallows, almonds, peanuts…seriously, top these with whatever your heart desires! If you keep one topping, I recommend keeping the cinnamon; just that light dusting is magical.
Let’s get to it!
What you’ll need…
- 1 large apple
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate syrup OR Hot fudge
- 1/2 a graham cracker sheet
- Take your apple and slice it pretty thin. You don’t want super thick slices. Arrange them as flat as you can on a plate.
- Stick the caramel sauce in the microwave until it’s nice and melted. Drizzle it all over the apple slices.
- Taking the chocolate syrup or hot fudge and put that in the microwave as well. Drizzle it on top of the caramel.
- With the 1/2 sheet of graham cracker, crumble it with your fingers evenly over the apple slices.
- Dust the cinnamon all over the apples.