You know what these are?
Well, I’ll tell you.
They’re little muffins of adorableness and blueberries and cinnamon. 😀
Just look at them. All golden and spotted with blueberries and a smattering of cinnamon. They’re sweet and moist with a touch of vanilla that are irresistible with a capital “i”.
Remember this fruit salad that I made for the 4th? Well, I still had some blueberries leftover, and they were giving me the evil eye every time I’d open the fridge (y’know, if fruit can give you the evil eye…). And today after my run I was craving some kind of carb-y, fruity treat, but not something particularly unhealthy…
And thus, cinnamon blueberry mini muffins!
Each bite-sized muffin is sweet and crumbly, with a splash of vanilla and cinnamon and positively bursting with blueberries. And the best part is, it took me all of half an hour to make these, start-to-finish. No cooling time (do you cool muffins? I prefer them warm 🙂 ), no absurd ingredients; just pure, unadulterated muffiny goodness.
To make them, you start with milk, apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, and vanilla. You whisk all of those together in a bowl and let them be for a good ten minutes. Why? Because they need to mingle and sit together. Magic needs to happen.
While they’re mingling, you’ll take another bowl and stir together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and sugar. You’ll then pour wet into dry and stir until juuuuuuust combined–you don’t want hard little muffins, do you?
And finally, you’ll oh-so-delicately fold in the blueberries, being careful not to break them and turn the batter purple. You can then spoon them into a mini-muffin pan and stick ’em in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Let us take a moment to appreciate these little muffins (and the fact that they clock in at roughly 80 calories per muffin.)
Let’s get to it, shall we?
What you’ll need…
- 1/2 c. milk of choice (I used 2%)
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. blueberries (fresh or frozen & thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a mini muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Set aside and let sit for at least ten minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Add wet into dry and stir until *just* combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries, being careful not to break the berries and turn the batter purple.
- Spoon into muffin tin and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Original recipe here.